Wednesday 21 November 2012

Winter Skincare


Our skin can really suffer during the winter months, with our faces being bombarded by the wind and freezing temperatures, in addition to the usual pollutants and maybe the odd bit of sun. A good skincare regime using nourishing products is therefore essential.

I always ensure that I clean off all make-up every night as failure to do this can result in blocked pores and encourage blemishes. I love L’Oreal Dermo Expertise Visible Radiance Renewing Cleansing Milk and Renewing Gel Toner (each 200ml, £2.79 at Wilkinson). These contain vitamin C and leave my skin feeling soft and fresh. I also use L’Oreal Dermo Expertise Gentle Eye Make-up Remover (125ml, £1.99), which removes all traces of eye make-up including mascara without making my eyes sting.

You too could be smelling of roses
Another great cleansing range is Boots Botanics. I particularly love the 100% Organic Rosewater Toning Spritz (£4.99 for 150ml), containing Damask Rose. It has a gorgeous, delicate scent and leaves skin feeling soft and revived.

After my cleansing regime I apply a night cream, a practice I started in my 20s, as it’s a really good time to nourish the skin. My current favourite is NIvea Daily Essentials Regenerating Night Cream (50ml). At £3.99 (Superdrug) this is very reasonably priced yet performs as well as dearer brands, gliding on easily, leaving skin moisturised but not greasy.

In the mornings I prefer a facial wash, using either Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Foaming Cleanser, £9.00, or Olay Essentials Daily Facial Cloths, box of 30 £3.99 at Boots. The cloths are really convenient, just moisten, gently lather over your face and rinse to leave your skin feel refreshed for the day ahead.

At this time of year you may like to adjust your daytime moisturiser to cope with the elements. I recommend Neutrogena Multi Defence Daily Moisturiser, £7.99 for 50ml from Boots, SPF15, which contains UVA and UVB filters and ‘promises’ to protect against heat, cold, pollution and wind. I thought it may be a heavy, greasy formula to deliver this protection, but it actually feels light and nourishing and is easily absorbed into the skin.

What skincare items do you swear by this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment