Monday 24 September 2012

Greggs Update... Or Not


Back on 14th September I related the unpleasant lunchtime experience that I’d had at Greggs. Suffice to say, I have not received any response in any way, shape or form from Greggs as yet, but live in hope.

For those of you have not read the blog, here’s a little re-run:

“This week I’ve really got the hump with a local branch of Greggs. It started with a roll and a bowl of soup and is yet to reach its conclusion.

Ordering the lunchtime soup and roll, I was told that butter was charged as extra. I pointed out that it had always been included when I had bought it before, but the lady serving me argued the point, whilst serving lukewarm soup with a strong resemblance to dishwater. I decided to complain further and was stunned to be told that the person serving me was in fact the manager!

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I returned the food, got a refund (which the manager seemed to want to give me like a shot rather than remedy the situation) and went home where I composed a letter to Greggs’ regional office.

The ‘Guardian of the Butter” insisted it’s Greggs’ policy to serve scones inclusive of butter, but to charge extra when served with a roll. Ridiculous. It’s as daft as saying milk is included with coffee, but charged as an extra with tea! (Don’t go getting ideas Greggs).

I am awaiting Greggs’ response, so watch this space.”

Well we’re all still watching and waiting. To speed things up a bit Greggs, you can respond by emailing comments@shoppersjoy.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment