Saturday 15 September 2012

Magazine Prices and Deals


The Good Deal…
I recently took out a great value subscription offer for Prima Magazine, costing just £1 per issue for 6 months, continuing to save about a third on subsequent issues. What’s more I received a lovely toiletry bag containing Avene skincare goodies at no extra cost.

It was one of those offers that I had to read through several times because it seemed too good to be true, but there was no catch involved. I love the saving, the gift and the convenience of the mag arriving with a satisfying thump on my doormat each month.

Prima’s subscription offers seems to change from month to month, so keep an eye out for the best one for you.

The Poor Price…
My son is a big Doctor Who fan and loves to get the BBC Doctor Who Adventures Magazine – but sadly the cost leaves a lot to be desired.

Each week the price seems to vary depending on the attached gift (not a free gift then). In recent weeks I have randomly paid £2.50, £2.60, £2.75 and £2.99 – I never know what the price will be until it arrives in the shops. Even at its lowest cost, this is a weekly mag of fewer than 40 pages being sold at monthly prices. (I can get a good quality 70 page women’s weekly mag for around 90p.)

Even the subscription deal is poor, offering only a 10% discount, resulting in a quarterly charge of over £30!

As some of the gifts seem to be appearing for the second or third time at least, my son would rather have a gift-free mag at a more affordable price. Take note Immediate Media and BBC.

No comments:

Post a Comment