Friday 28 March 2014

My March Best Buys


I’ve always found the Hungry Horse chain of pub restaurants very good value, but hadn’t visited one for some time. However, last week I finally got round to having a meal at my local branch, where I spotted a few new additions to the menu. I can now highly recommend the Smothered Chicken Diane – a chicken breast covered in a tasty sauce, served with a large flat mushroom, buttered new potatoes and peas. I thoroughly enjoyed the meal, a bargain at just £4.99.

I also like the idea that Hungry Horse are offering a tiny dessert (a few mouthfuls worth) for those times when you’re really quite full, but fancy a little taste of something anyway. For just 89p you can enjoy a mini chocolate mousse topped with cream – delicious!

One of my more budget-busting craft buys is ‘Enjoy Cross Stitch’ magazine. This comes in a handy zipper wallet containing a selection of aida fabric, embroidery threads, cards, envelopes, ribbons and felt frames, all for just £7.99. The spring issue is available in the shops now.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment