Thursday 6 June 2013

Eye Care Products – Update


I previously wrote about the changes in packaging for Boots No7 products, explaining that I felt their Stay Perfect Smoothing and Brightening Eye Base and Beautiful Skin Eye Make Up Remover had suffered from the changes.

I have now tried some alternatives to these products.

I have swapped the eye base, which is now in a smaller pot and less user-friendly in my opinion, for Avon Eyeshadow Primer, usually costing £7, but bought on offer for £4. This has a lovely creamy texture that is easy to apply, a little goes a long way and my eye make-up really does seem to last all the longer for it.

Meanwhile as a replacement for the No7 eye make up remover, which had changed from a handy pump dispenser delivering the correct amount, to a wide-necked bottle from which the product flowed at an alarming rate, I have bought Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing Eye Make Up Remover. Not only is this easier to use, as it has a much smaller opening in the top of the bottle, meaning I only have to use a few drops at a time, it also costs much less at just £2.99 a bottle as opposed to the increased price of  £8.50, (I only ever bought it with a No7 £5 off voucher, sometimes issued at the till), now charged for the Boots version.

Finally, some months ago I recommended, Skin Therapy Cotton Wool Pads (Oval, Large), 65p for 50 at Wilkinson. However, whilst I used to find these quite absorbent, more recently the pads seem to be thinner, meaning that I have had to use two in place of the normal one, and therefore pay £1.30 for 50 actual uses. I have now changed to Tesco Loves Baby Cotton Wool Pad Squares. Ok, these are dearer at £1.65 for 50, but they are really thick, soft and absorbent and great for removing make-up, so I strongly recommend them. 

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment