Friday 28 December 2012

December Blog Review


By the time that you read this, Christmas will be over apart from the excess turkey, coconut éclairs in the Quality Street and a mountain of wrapping paper for the recycling. I hope that you all had a great Christmas and that my series of gift guides proved useful and presents were well received.

In between my gift suggestions, I also looked at a variety of winter outings this month, reviewing attractions that stay open during this season, sometimes at special reduced rates. Wildlife Parks, many English Heritage properties, castles and museums all make great family outings at this time of year. Perhaps you’ll manage to visit a few during the holiday season.

I continued to review many food products, including new Cadbury’s Crispello (disappointing in my opinion), limited edition Marmite Gold (pretty pointless, I say) and limited edition Carling Zest with spiced orange – this got the thumbs up at least. Other favourites included Asda Chosen By You 100% Pure Pressed Juices (£1.20), Tesco Apple Crumble (frozen, £1) and Asda Extra Special Mince Pies, which have a definite kick from the added port and brandy (£2 for 6).

During December I also explored saying ‘sorry’, bemoaned the current, boring TV ads, whilst looking back at old favourites, and updated my loyalty card review, with some pleasing results.

There’s plenty more to come next month, and indeed next year, so keep reading!

On 31st December you can read my 2012 review.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment