Thursday 6 December 2012

The Eyes Have It


I’m one of the ‘less is more’ camp when it comes to eye make-up, and like products that enhance my eyes rather than make me look like a startled panda. Easy-to-use cosmetics giving natural results are what I choose.

Before applying eye shadow, I always use No7 Stay Perfect Smoothing and Brightening Eye Base (£7 at Boots) as it gives a lovely even-toned surface to apply the colour. Then I use Avon True Colour Eye Shadow, currently the 6-in-1 palette in Neutral Eyes (though this option does not appear to be on their website at present) or Chic Glamour, £11 each. This is a great little kit as it comes with two decent sized applicators and a mirror in the lid, and the toning shades just glide on. Also available in the range are handy True Colour duos and quads, for a splash of colour I like the Retro Glamour Duo (£6).

For eyelashes I use a brown/black shade of mascara, either Avon SuperExtend Extreme Mascara (£10 but on offer for £3.99 in Brochure 01 2013) or Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara (£9.99 at Boots) to define the lashes without clogging. To correct any mistakes along the way, I love Marks and Spencer Mascara Correction Buds (£3), little cotton buds filled with eye make-up remover, which target the mishaps without ruining the rest of the look.

To groom eyebrows the handiest little kit I’ve found is the MUA Pro Brow Ultimate Eyebrow kit, which holds everything you need in one handy little compact, including tweezers and taming gel, £3.50 at Superdrug.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment