Friday 8 March 2013

DIY Pizzas


I’ve never been a fan of pizzas. Takeaway or shop bought, big brands or supermarket own – I could take them or leave them. Well, leave them mostly.

However, my family are quite partial to the odd pizza, although they tend to disagree about toppings. Just cheese and tomato for my son; added pepperoni for one daughter; pineapple and olives for other daughter; ham and mushroom for my husband.

So I’m pleased to announce that not only have I found a way to give everyone their topping of choice, but have also discovered pizza that I like better too.

“Of course, home-made”, I hear all you culinary whizzes cry.

Well no, actually. It’s simpler than that. Shop bought bases with a variety of shop bought toppings to mix and match. We don’t even have to make a whole pizza with the same topping, we can arrange different ones over halves, thirds or quarters of the base.

So to make your ‘DIY’ pizza quickly and easily, here are the basic products that I recommend to get you started.

Sainsbury’s Thin Pizza Bases, £1.05 for a pack of two.
Sainsbury’s Pizza topping, 80p for a 290g jar.
Sainsbury’s Basics Grated Mozzarella £1.15 for a 200g bag.
Sainsbury’s Basics Black Pitted Olives (refrigerated) £1.05 for a 90g pot.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment