Tuesday 30 April 2013

April’s Blog Review

At last spring seems to have arrived, with more sunshine on offer, blossom and blooms making a welcome appearance and temperatures rising sufficiently to ditch the fleecy coats and furry boots.

I hope that my blog has brightened up your days too, with many of this month’s posts sparking some interesting comments.

I spoke up in support of markets this month, taking a nostalgic look back at those I used to love (anyone remember Rochester?) but have disappeared, whilst encouraging you to make use of those that remain. JC recommended some great markets in Marlborough (Wednesday and Saturday), Devizes (Tuesday for antiques, Thursday, Friday and Saturday general) and Salisbury (Tuesday and Saturdays). So get out there and find a market near you!

Talking of support, another much-discussed issue this month was the announcement that French sports scientist, Jean-Denis Rouillon, had conducted a study resulting in the conclusion that we ladies don’t need to wear our bras. Personally I just wouldn’t feel comfortable without one – a sentiment backed up by all those who commented on my post. WR asked, “What would we use to stop us flipping and flopping all over the place?” whilst JS mused, “They can keep their study and I will keep my bra thank you!”

With children enjoying a couple of weeks off of school for the Easter break, I suggested some more great places to visit. My travels took me to Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse (Norfolk), where I had a fun time with my son, as there was so much to see and do. I’m pleased to say that Gressenhall loved what I wrote, tweeting, “You have a great writing style, loved your description of the workhouse.” So, we were all happy then.

I’m hoping for the weather to keep improving during the coming months, so that we can all get out and enjoy the great outdoors. There’ll be lots more happening on my blog too.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment