Monday 27 May 2013

Another Bank Holiday

Here we are again, another Bank Holiday, another long weekend – what are you doing with your ‘extra’ time?

I’m currently relaxing in my much-loved coastal retreat, aka my static caravan by the sea. I love to come here to enjoy the peace, the walks by the sea, the chance to lounge by the pool and to generally take time out form day-to-day life.

Maybe you’ve been spending time in your ‘happy’ place this Bank Holiday Weekend, be it your garden, your shed, your hobby room, your favourite holiday destination, a quiet part of the countryside or wherever.

When it comes to places to visit I have my particular favourites that I love to return to from time to time, and which I highly recommend. Audley End in Essex is a stunning stately home set in beautiful grounds, where I love to wander. Run by English Heritage it is free for members to visit, or costs £13.40 for adults and £8 for children over five and is a really lovely setting for a family outing.

I also love to stroll round the grounds of Hever Castle in Kent, where the gardens are lovely and we can all revert to being big kids, by trying to dodge the water jets in the fun water maze. A ‘gardens only’ ticket costs £12.50 for adults and £8.00 for children, but you can use your Tesco Clubcard Reward Vouchers (exchanged for Days Out vouchers) to gain admission.

But I have to say, one of my all-time passions is for clocks. I love the sound of them ticking and chiming and just love being surrounded by them. (I’m not weird, honestly) So somewhere that I love is Belmont House, Faversham, Kent, (adults £8, children £5) where there is a very impressive collection of clocks to view as part of a guided tour. If you love clocks, you’ll love Belmont.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

1 comment:

  1. I'm spending the weekend at Chippenham Folk Festival, flopping about in the sunshine watching the dancing, enjoying the concerts, and generally behaving like a hippy.

    ReplyDelete