Wednesday 8 May 2013

Pot Desserts


Although we enjoy a little something to finish a meal, we’re not big on puddings in our house, except for the occasional weekend treat of apple crumble or lemon meringue pie.

Normally, if we fancy a dessert, we just have a yogurt or a small pot dessert (or fruit if we’re being really good). There’s a great choice of yogurts and pot desserts available on the supermarket shelves, but they can work out a bit pricey if you have a big family to cater for. That’s why I’ve been impressed with the Tesco Value range of desserts.

My favourites from the range are the strawberry cheesecakes and strawberry trifles (available individually or in packs of three for 90p), and crème caramels (available in packs of six for 68p).

It’s actually a wonder that I can even face crème caramels at all, due to the fact that as a child I was taken on a family holiday to Spain, where the hotel we stayed in served crème caramel every single evening. For some considerable time afterwards, we all groaned if someone dared to even mention the confounded dessert.

Anyway, I digress. The pot desserts from the Tesco Everyday Value range are creamy, very tasty and great value for money, so I recommend that you give them a go.

Follow me on Twitter @shoppersjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment